|Auron (Scenesys ID: 236)|
|Legendary Guardian? I was just a boy. A boy about your age, actually. I wanted to change the world, too. But I changed nothing. That is my story.|
|Theme:||(OFC) Final Fantasy X-1|
|Physical Age:||Early 30s||Actual Age:||36|
|Still Aging?||Yes||Voice Actor:||Matt McKenzie (EN) Hideo Ishikawa (JP)|
|Hair Color:||Graying Black||Eye Color:||Amber|
Auron has seen many stories end in his time. Even his own. But he pushed past death to see to his friend Jecht's son, Tidus. And then to guide his Summoner Braska's daughter Yuna to avenge the death of Braska and free Jecht from Sin -- the "armor" of Yuu Yevon, an ancient Summoner from Zanarkand's past. His story ended in his world with the final defeat of Sin -- and Auron being able to rest at last. The surge of energy when Spira unified into the Multiverse resurrected him, however. Auron's sword, though called a Katana, more resembles a zweihander than a traditional Japanese weapon. Its weight makes it good for cutting through armored foes. He also has access to various techniques, including "Overdrives". But though he is powerful, he is slow, and his accuracy suffers against agile opponents. He can also be blindsided on his right, as he's missing that eye. Sadly, after ten years as little more than a solid ghost, it's hard to learn how to live again...
- Slow: Auron is a powerful combatant when faced in combat, and the sheer amount of physical trauma he can endure is amazing. But he pays for that power and endurance in being rather slow. Additionally, while he's still pretty quick when using smaller weapons, when one is swinging around a roughly hundred-pound mass of sharp metal one-handed, one tends to do so rather slowly.
- Missing Eye: The injury that Yunalesca inflicted upon him was so scarring, physically and psychologically, that even being resurrected from the dead didn't heal it. The long scar down the right side of his face is very distinctive, making efforts to disguise himself difficult. The missing eye also makes it difficult for him to aim long-range weaponry, and leaves a "blind side" that can be exploited by the astute opponent.
- Limited Effectiveness: Auron's fighting capabilities are focused on melee combat, and suffers when he must fight at range. Additionally, his missing eye causes a lack of depth perception, so his aim with long-range weaponry, and against speedy, nimble, and/or aerial opponents, is only average at best.
- Motion Sickness: When Auron is in a vehicle, he will experience nausea and headaches. It stems more from the fact that he is moving under someone or something else's power than because of actual physiological issues his body has with movement. It only happens if a) he can see out of the vehicle/craft and b) he's not the one piloting.
- Temper: While he rarely shows it now, Auron does indeed have a relatively short fuse where his temper is concerned. He has learned to dampen the outward demonstrations of it and keep it from being visible; however that doesn't change the fact that he gets angry easily. He is more likely to take offense to a harsh statement from an enemy. When he forms a grudge, it lasts a LONG time. He never forgets a slight. And he never misses an opportunity to pay an enemy back for one. Usually in spades.
- Impulsive: As much as it doesn't seem like it, as much as he seems like he knows what he's doing almost all the time, Auron is very much the type to act on a hunch without thinking his actions through. This tendency can easily lead him into trouble, though he usually has the common sense not to get in over his head. Still, the problems with his tendency to just jump into things are... fairly obvious.
|Slaves to the Metal Horde: Part 2||April 16th, 2016||It's time to explore the Machine Factory of the Metal Horde. Things go completely unlike what you'd expect.|
|Slaves to the Metal Horde: Part 1||April 11th, 2016||Five thousand dollars will be paid out to the families of anyone who dies during the chilling cinematic presentation of the desert drama!|
|ICoT: From Wharf to Wilds||April 4th, 2016||"Well... no point in explaining what happens next, right?"|
|ICoT: The Hard Way||March 12th, 2016||Cinderbrick Fort was the home to the Marshals. Now it's only home to Windbags and a Core. And so begins a race between Cael, Ura, and their associates to kill the former and obtain the latter.|
|Into the Calm Lands||February 17th, 2016||A trip through the Calm Lands to deal with powerful fiends threatening the citizens of Spira|
|The Guardian of the Mason King||February 7th, 2016||The Pantheon reaches out. Auron, as one who has dredged hope from despair, is approached by Lemaign.|
|The Fleet and FullDive||January 4th, 2016||As an attempt to increase morale among the fleet, Nagato and Haguro join up in ALO!|
|Resurrection and Rebirth||December 19th, 2015||Wherein a group of unionites deliberately create, then subsequently walk into, Omelas.|
|The Fourth One||December 4th, 2015||An initial examination of The Book of Unification.|
|Sparring Match with Auron||November 17th, 2015||Terry McGinnis in a sparring match with Auron at Njorun Station.|
|Nemesis: Sub-Terra - Finale||October 15th, 2015||As the Phalanx and the Cult of Nemesite converge on Alton Towers, the Union and Syndicate must do their best to prevent disaster.|
|TMatM: Tale of a Clay Man||October 5th, 2015|| The Mask of Falling Rain has fallen into the hands of a revolutionary.
Lancer finds a ghost of his own past in the town of Doncaster.
|Mad Forest||September 5th, 2015||Monsters are infesting part of the Great Forest. Heroes are required to clear them out!|
|The Purification Rite||August 7th, 2015||Sensing an overflow of evil from a certain location, a single priestess makes the journey to ultimately purge those who should not be from this world. She didn't expect that she would have help however.|
|Stranger In A Strange Land||July 12th, 2015||When your trying to get use to a new world, a bar may be the best answer to find some locals to do that with.|
|A Storm of Steel||May 19th, 2015||Ainsley needs dragon bones, and Ysabel's willing to provide them, assuming everyone goes through the work for it first.|
|A Field Guide to the Dragons of Berk||May 9th, 2015||Valka gives interested parties lessons about the Dragons of Berk. Terrible Terrors are cute!|
|Down With The Vigil||May 7th, 2015||The Stone Vigil comes under attack by the Dravanians! It is up to everyone to come to the aid of the Ishgardians and protect the one last standing defense they may have!|
|Local Shinki Expo 2015||March 26th, 2015||Spring 23AU Shinki Expo happens in Techno Urbania.|
|HOMEWORLD: Blue Wing||March 7th, 2015||Various people use the Blue Wing of the Abstractum Homeworld for reasons.|
|Daring Rescue||February 3rd, 2015||A new world unifies, and its first Multiversal interaction involves a daring rescue! Except, more complicated.|
|Return to the Tomb||January 16th, 2015||Put on your Indiana Jones replica hats, boys! It's time for an ADVENTURE! D leads a party back to the Northern Frontier and Village Rosa. The nearby castle has been restored, but why, and by whom?|
|Gun Gale Online - Dungeon Dive||December 11th, 2014||Guns and dungeons mix well.|
|A Dark, Distorted... (Part 2)||December 7th, 2014||Armsmaster is brought to Njorun medical, but will he ever be the same?|
|Another World||December 6th, 2014||Deelel along with Kirito, Staren, Zephyr Windstar, Auron, Aqua and Reker. Go to check out a location noted in a recovered part of Deelel's memory, what they find aside from a heartless in a very bad mood, is Deelel's home world of the Grid. Thanks to Aqua's Keyblade the world was restored from whatever had locked it away and now the Grid is exposed to the Cybercore.|
|A Dark, Distorted Mirror||December 6th, 2014||Armsmaster gets an uninvited visitor with dire consequences, and three Unionites do their very best to save him.|
|TP: Endbringer: Leviathan||November 14th, 2014||The Endbringer named Leviathan attacks Brockton Bay.|
|Valley of Discord Creation||November 4th, 2014||Noble Six decides to create a Node, to further the battle against Them.|
|NODE: City of Falls - The Enfallening||October 28th, 2014||Node scene. Investigating the city, finding out useful facts... fighting chimera-beasts|
|Lost on Pioneer 2||October 26th, 2014||Auron and Ziggy take a heck of a wrong turn and end up on Pioneer 2, much to Crys' amusement.|
|Welcome to Mirkwood||October 9th, 2014||A new world has arrived in the multiverse several union personnel and others. Arrive to investigate and they find that the natives are not very friendly.|
|A Scream in the Dark||October 7th, 2014||After a lengthy absence, Ysabel decides to invite people outside of her world to join in a hunt against the powerful Meraginas.|
|Urban Danger||October 3rd, 2014||Through the unnatural fog that casts itself into the Eastern Ruins, something wicked is soon to come and those who face its blade, may know of the horrors that is the Dark Divinity.|
|NODE: Kingdom of Discord - The Second Search||September 20th, 2014||with a better idea of what to look for, Fayt, along with a few friends, decides to search the Kingdom of discord Again. What they find is... interesting.|
|NODE: Isle of Tales - Creation||September 19th, 2014|| Mizuki creates a node.
She and Welcomes should totally start a book club or something though, seriously.
|NODE: Game of Souls - Episode 2||September 11th, 2014||An investigation crew climbs the Archmage's tower, while another team handles a raid of players led by a powerful trio.|
|Magic Practice||September 3rd, 2014||Shirou encounters an entirely different sort of magic.|
|Chocobo Ordeal||August 31st, 2014||Chocobos are suffering in Eorzea due to the attack lead by Bahamut and so, some people from another world have come to offer aid-- and some more chocobos! Wark!|
|Monsters and Candy Don't Mix||August 30th, 2014||A village in the Eastern Valley is harvesting their crop of gumdrops (which are literally gumdrops) when a very hungry Spiran fiend decides to crash the party.|
|Spelunking 101||August 25th, 2014||HUZZAH! Our adventurers arrive and meet some of the odd denizens of the Flying Island|
|GENESIS: Auron||August 18th, 2014||After encountering Auron in the Homeworld, Noble Six helps him generate an Abstractum.|
|Pub Meet: Cuckoolander||August 14th, 2014||After an investigation, and a daring jaunt into the mines, the party that pursued Beowulf and his Dragon into the mines wants some answers. And so, they venture down to the pub to see if he's still around for the telling...|
|Bahamut has guests||August 4th, 2014||Dinner with Blurr, Auron, and Kotone Yamikawa|
|Un Meeting Politique||August 2nd, 2014|| The Marquis de Limberry, and representatives from neighboring Zeltennia and Lesalia, is deliberating providing political sanctuary to an influx of migrants from Cleyra fleeing the Alexandrian assault upon their home. With Ivalice suffering its own personal crisis, and the possibility of inciting Alexandrian anger, the answer will not likely be favorable.
Can he be convinced to take the risk, against his better judgement?
|Snow Tracks Pt. 2||July 31st, 2014||A brief bit of investigative legwork has turned up that the Dragon-chasing fellow whom the mission concerns has likely gone into the Gollund Mines after the object of his pursuit. Getting in still poses a problem, but it's a problem the mercenary party is keen to resolve - one way or another.|
|Against School Policy||July 28th, 2014||A new world merges, and a number of Elites - Fed, Union, and Unaffiliated alike - go to investigate. Shenanigans ensue!|
|Snow Tracks||July 23rd, 2014||A right crazy bugger has been wandering the Felmarian Highlands night and day, asking after Dragons only to disappear as quick as he came! We thought t'was bad enough he was always wanderin' around outside the house aimlessly like a blind Chocobo huntin' fer seeds in the snow! But now, he's gone and wandered off somewhere else and we're afraid he might have been chasing fairies into the mines! It's a meager sum, but we'll pay ye to find 'em alive, okay?! That damnable place is full o' things far worse than Dragons <Location: Mining Town of Gollund, Free Mission.>|
|Let's Have a Ceilidh!||July 12th, 2014||To welcome back her lieutenant, the Servant Saber decides to throw a céilidh, a Celtic-style gathering with food, drink, music, dancing, and other entertainment; a familiar setting which Sir Bedivere can meet some of his new Union allies and get to know them better.|
|Woodfaire Burning||July 8th, 2014||The town of Woodfaire, outlying Riovanes in Fovoham, is under attack by Archadia, but not by its soldiers! The ruthless machiavellian conqueror has unleashed monsters upon the hapless village, including a fearsome Behemoth! <Location: Woodfaire, Fovoham, Story Mission>*|
|Lofty Ideals||July 7th, 2014||Sir Bedivere of the Round Table, formerly of Camelot, now of the Union, leads a relief expedition high into the snowy mountains of the Multiverse. It's a treacherous winter road, and the threat of highwaymen and Confederates is a constant one. Whatever will this expedition of mercy find?|
|Parts 1: Tank You!||June 29th, 2014||The Confederates enact a plot to steal a Razorback APC from the Imperium of Man.|
|An Impromptu Meeting||June 25th, 2014||Auron and Wiegraf Folles arrange for a meeting. Faruja comes along in sneaky disguise.|
|Betrayal of Baert: Final||June 24th, 2014|| The Lord Baert has now been indemnified by all parties, and all appears to be lost. He may well get away with being responsible for the deaths of innocents, engaging in illegal backdoor deals, and attempting to assassinate his own Chief Operating Officer. But there's still a problem... one nosy little Burmecian Rat still has the evidence and the motivation to have that judgement overturned.
He'll have to be dealt with.
|Fate Cuts Strange Deals||June 21st, 2014||The Corpse Brigade launches an attack against the Fort City Yardrow in attempt to free their own from Archadian clutches, inadvertently causing an impromptu battle between the forces of Ivalice and the forces of Archadia. If it spills out into the city, it could harm the citizenry.|
|Wandering Flame (Auron)||November 15th, 2014||After almost bleeding to death and being saved by the virtue of Ayeko's healing water, Auron has a funny dream. Or is it a dream at all...? (OOC: Censored language warning.)|
|Armsmaster||It’s Complicated||“...I understand. I’m guilty of manipulation for the greater good, too. I just wonder if he feels as guilty as I do. Most would say no... including Armsmaster himself. But no one knows what he’s truly thinking.”|
|Asuna||Friendly||“I’m glad to know that messy business with Sword Art Online and Alfheim Online both is done. I hope you and Kirito can be happy.”|
|Emiya Shirou||Friendly||“The ability to create swords from nothing... that is definitely magic. I wonder now... if I had the Masamune, would you be able to ‘trace’ it?”|
|Faruja||Friendly||“We’re polar opposites, after a sort. He is devoted to his world’s church, I despised mine. Maybe his attitude bothers me so much because... I wasn’t much different than him at one time. And I despise my younger self.”|
|Karian||Friendly||“So... I hear we have a bit more in common recently. You’ve lost an eye? That’s unfortunate. Compensating for loss of depth perception is difficult.”|
|Kirito||Friendly||“Hopefully you’ll be able to live peacefully now. Games should be just that—games, played for fun, only when one wishes. You’ve had two of these games wielded against you like swords. Or perhaps those you love were the weapons wielded against you.”|
|Noble Six||Friendly||“A Node, hm? Let me know if you need help there. I may not be able to do much, but what help I can offer is yours.”|
|Tomoe||Friendly||“It was nice to switch battle roles for a while, there in Alfheim Online.”|
|Ziggy Grover||Confused||“You’re a strange one. I’m not sure what you mean by ‘Red Ranger’. I’m assuming that’s some sort of Guardian from your world.”|
Click to expand.
- Releasing his soul from the sorrow that gripped it has enabled Auron to call upon the aid of the spirits of legendary swords throughout history. These sword-spirits are able to create a variety of effects -- from slashes at a distance, to healing, to negative and positive status effects (OOC consent required for any status effect). Right now he is not very proficient with this. But as he grows in spiritual enlightenment, more of these spirits will answer his call. Currently he can call the following sword-spirits:
- Ashura (non-elemental ranged slash to one or more enemies; OOC consent required for multi-target attack).
Click to expand.
- Auron's avatar from Alfheim Online, the Cait Sith "Stial", has been invested with enough of his time and energy that it has gained the ability to leave the game. The benefits of this are numerous (it is quite speedy in contrast to Auron's normal slowness outside the game, it has at least a fair grasp of magic, and it can fly for short stretches as well as run on walls), although overall it is less powerful than Auron's physical body (PL30); it only has this amount of power because of the amount of time he spent learning the finer points of the game.
- "Stial" is a Cait Sith; as such he has bonuses to eyesight and intelligence, and access to beast-taming skills. Cait Sith are also one of the fast, light races; thus he can wall run and dodge quite well. His real-life combat training was with defense and toughness however, so he may not be fully utilizing the Cait Sith's natural speed. He is, however, skilled enough with natural flight that he can fight while airborne.
- His magical skills mostly lie in earth and water magic, to allow him to protect and heal his Familiars. As a Cait Sith, he can tame multiple pets; despite this, he maintains only one "regular" familiar, a red squirrel by the name of Ratoska. She acts as a scout, and can distract/confuse enemies in battle by running around and chattering.
- Due to his faster reaction time and physical training as a fighter in his "real world" past, he has been a decent physical fighter from the beginning. He is better with the Sword Skills than with the magic system. Their entrance into the game turned him from a hit-and-run fighter into a legitimate physical threat while playing as a "light" race.
- Stial and Auron cannot appear in the same place together at the same time as Auron must be connected inside the VRMMO Full Dive interface in order to control his avatar. For similar reasons, he cannot switch between the two modes in a given scene without the consent of all other players.
Click to expand.
During Session 412, Auron dabbled with use of the Alchemiter. By combining his coat with various Spiran items, he came out with the following items:
- DEADMAN'S DESCENT:
- Components: COAT+FEATHERS+FARPLANE WIND
- Item Cost: 200 ROCK, 70 GOLD
- Description: The same old coat, but with some comfy, downy featherlike trim in the interior. It prevents Auron from reaching a lethal speed when falling from a great height. Except in cases where he's falling on top of someone, in which case it accelerates as fast as it can, ignoring air friction until either he hits the person or reaches a speed high enough to kill them without killing him as well.
- SENTIMENT'S SLICKER:
- Components: COAT+WINGS TO DISCOVERY
- Item Cost: 8000 STEEL
- Description: Plated with metal in a few places, the coat is an armor-like thing that doesn't sacrifice mobility at all. It also features the Wings to Discovery emblem at the back, wings spread where they ought to be. When activated, it allows him to "break the limits" of his body's resistance to injury. It lets him ignore the pain and physical penalties of all but maiming wounds until the effect of the slicker wears off (i.e., when HP hits 0 or when he deactivates the effect). He still takes damage, still bleeds, still breaks bones, etc. He just doesn't FEEL it. The drawback, of course, is that when it wears off, EVERYTHING he's been hit with between activation and wearing off/deactivation of the effect hits him ALL AT ONCE. Which will almost certainly take him down because it'll feel like he's taking every one of those injuries all at once.
Click to expand.
- Battle Skills: Auron doesn't just swing his sword around when he fights. He knows how to fight smart, by targeting key points of his opponents' defenses, to make it easier for his allies (or himself) to engage an opponent. He does this in the following ways:
- Power Break targets the muscles his opponent uses to attack, making it difficult to bring full strength to bear.
- Magic Break targets the qi/energy of his opponent to make it difficult for him/her to gather the necessary energy to cast spells at full power.
- Threaten allows Auron to channel qi with his voice and gestures to create panic sufficient to root an enemy to the spot temporarily.
- Armor Break either targets physical armor that a target is wearing, or seeks to create breaks in a target's natural defenses -- shell, tough hide, etc.
- Mental Break does much the same as Magic Break, targetting the qi/energy of his opponent, but instead of making casting spells difficult, it makes it difficult for the enemy to bolster his/her own natural defenses against magic directed TOWARDS him/her.
- Zombie Attack, despite the name, does not actually turn the target into a zombie. It actually changes the flow of energy in an enemy's body so that healing techniques and items work in reverse for a short time. However, this also confers the ability for Drain spells to work in reverse as well, so a "Zombie'd" enemy can have someone else can cast HP-draining measures against him/her and be healed.
Click to expand.
- Overdrive: When the chips are down, Auron can use a number of techniques above and beyond his normal skills and abilities. Called "Overdrives", these moves can only be used once per battle, and fall on the higher side of the attack level range. His abilities here are as follows:
- Dragon Fang: Leaping up, Auron channels his energy into his blade. By planting it into the ground, he releases the energy underneath his opponent(s). May make an enemy flinch (inflict "Delay").
- Shooting Star: Auron closes the distance between himself and an enemy, swinging the flat of his sword at an enemy in an attempt to knock the enemy out of battle (inflict "Eject"; note, this does not end a battle, merely knocks the enemy too far away too immediately engage the next turn).
- Banishing Blade: Spitting a mouthful of Nog onto his blade, he wakes the battle spirit of his sword, sending it to attack an opponent, interfering with the enemy's energy (inflict "Full Break", having all four of Auron's existing "Break" abilities at once).
- Tornado: In his strongest Overdrive, Auron creates a massive tornado around himself and flings it at an enemy party. After the enemies have been pulled up into the air, sometimes he throws his jug of Nog into the whirlwind, catching it alight. Then the enemy party is dropped from the air. Inflicts no status, but it really hurts.
Click to expand.
- Due to a number of misunderstandings I've had to clear up in my tenure playing Auron, this file was created to detail the differences between this version of Auron and the Auron that appeared in the game 'Final Fantasy X'. There are indeed a number of differences, and they're detailed here.
- Foremost, THIS AURON IS ALIVE. HE IS NO LONGER UNSENT. Apologies for the eye-bleeding text, but it's often missed unless it's outright stated. And sometimes it requires multiple times stating it. So death-sensitive Elites will not feel anything out of place looking at him. He does not carry the scent of the Farplane. Pyreflies don't follow him. He can't summon them to show memories. He's a normal, everyday human being. But an Elite.
- He looks a little younger than he did in the game. This is because he is actually alive again, and he takes very good care of himself. You've seen Chuck Norris, right? He's 70. Looks like he's in his thirties. Auron is 35. Using the same rules, he should look only a slight bit older than he did in the spheres, possibly because of the wisps of gray hair and the scar. And stubble when he forgets to shave.
- There is a sheath for that weapon. Even in Spira it would be highly ridiculous to walk into a tavern/inn with your sword propped on your shoulder, go find a seat, and prop your sword against the wall next to you. It's gray leather, and is threaded through a matching leather strap that loops over his right shoulder and buckles to his obi in front and back. So unless it's specifically posed that the sword is propped on his shoulder -- which will only be when he's about to make a try at kicking some ass with it -- it's probably sheathed on his back.