| Elasaid Hood (Scenesys ID: 359)
| "The Mighty Hood sails forth upon Favorable Winds. Lets show them the true might of the British Empire!"
| Full Name:
|| Elasaid Moira Hood
|| Human (Fleet Maiden)
|| (OC) Fleet Maiden-1R
|| The Mighty Hood
| Factional Information
|| Union (A-Ally)
| Other Information
| Physical Age:
|| Actual Age:
| Still Aging?
|| Voice Actor:
|| Emma Thompson
|| 162.5cm (5'4")
| Hair Color:
|| Eye Color:
| Theme Song:
|| Sail Away
Elasaid was born and raised as a working girl. She went to work at an early age with her father in the family blacksmith, stoking the fires and eventually earning a place pounding the iron into shape. After the aliens invaded, she was contacted by the spirit of the old warship HMS Hood. Gaining its abilities, she soon joined the 1st Fleet and acts as their strategist and the 'Team Mom', helping to keep the younger members in line. She is a kind soul who would rather be back home with her family but knows that she is needed on the front lines. Being the daughter of a former Royal Navy officer, she is dedicated and patriotic to a fault. The Hood was a protector for the United Kingdom from the time she was built until when she sank and this remains true with Elasaid. The commander was a keen tactician and while not as commanding of respect as others may be, Elasaid's loud voice and no-nonsense attitude help her get the point across. However, the fate of her patron haunts her and she seems to have caught the unlucky streak the Hood had in it's own run.
DEFINING, CLICK TO EXPAND
SIGNIFICANT, CLICK TO EXPAND
MINOR, CLICK TO EXPAND
DISADVANTAGES, CLICK TO EXPAND
- You Sank My Battleship ~ Despite being very stable in the water, if Hood is knocked over, the weight of her equipment will drag her under the surface very quickly. She could survive capsizing like that by dismissing the Deployment, however she would still be vulnerable to counterattack until she could re-Deploy.
- Bad Luck ~ Her namesake was struck, and sunk by a very unfortunate series of events, that lead to a catastrophic detonation of her Number 3 magazine. The explosion gutted the ship and took the majority of it's crew to the bottom with it. The spirit remembers this, and seems to have brought that unlucky streak with it. Elasaid was never a very lucky girl, but that aspect seems to have been amplified by the Patron Spirit. She can be very clumsy, tripping over her own feet, or dropping things, and has started carrying around several good luck charms to try and stave off this bad luck streak. Elasaid also takes more weight from horoscopes and other forms of 'precognition' than others, hoping for a more favorable outcome.
- Thin Armour ~ Compared to other ships in her weight class, the original Hood had very thin deck plating. This left it vulnerable to attacks from above, more so than other ships. For this reason, the Maiden's Barrier Armour is thinnest at the apex of the field, and when Active cannot be raised to block directly above. this leaves a glaring hole in her defenses.
- Logistics ~ Keeping the Hood fielded is a pretty big undertaking. Though she's not as intensive as the 'larger' ships in the fleet, the Hood is still a substantial drain on the human body, and the power source must recover by eating. After a standard operation, Hood can consume a evening meal that would likely have gone to the bellies of an entire military unit, but a smallish one. This necessitates a supply chain to maintain operations.
- Battlecruiser Mode ~ This mode can only be activated in the presence of four other sources of magical power (these can be other Fleet Maidens, Mages, Wizards, or powerful magical artefacts). It comes with a significant drain on Hood's personal energy reserves which will need to be replenished before she is able to Deploy again. This can take up to a week if used. Due to these costs, and the risks involved to the vessel herself, this mode requires permission from her superiors to engage. While this doesn't stop her from doing so without permission, she will be punished for doing so. This mode also requires a body of water large enough to to manifest the ship.
LOGS, CLICK TO EXPAND
| Different Yet Not
|| February 9th, 2015
|| Three technical types of different sorts have a chat.
| Naval Combat!
|| January 20th, 2015
|| An Elvari incursion on Port Darwin, Australia
| LAX Assault
|| December 24th, 2014
|| LAX comes under attack by a large Elvari fleet. Souji brings in reinforcements for the Mighty Hood, and the combined force manages to repel the enemy.
| Nautical Towers - Introduction of Kongou and Ko
|| November 25th, 2014
|| Introduction of the English-born returnee, Kongou, and the mysterious Ko-class Abyssal Fast Battleship.
| Broken Guardian
|| November 3rd, 2014
|| Strange things are happening in an Earth Kingdom forest, and four Unionites go to deal with it.
| Prophetic Plunder
|| October 12th, 2014
|| The Union wants the Caverns of Prophecy back.
| Forging Fundamentals
|| September 27th, 2014
|| Marrik goes to Midway to see if Elasaid will make him a few things. Also Sparks apparently knows Gaelic, who knew?
| Purgatorio's Defense
|| September 26th, 2014
|| Possible defensive measures for Purgatorio are discussed.
| OPERATION: SHUTDOWN
|| August 18th, 2014
|| The Fight for the Valley of Namamura -- Yunomi Stadler comes to take back her home, fighting against the Planet Trade Organization headed by Gohan!
| The Battle of Midway
|| July 21st, 2014
|| The Midway Fleet Base finds itself under attack from a new and dangerous enemy.
| WMAT B2 Alicia T. Harlaown vs. Staren
|| July 8th, 2014
|| The second round match between Alicia and Staren.
| WMAT A1 Ariel vs. Mel
|| June 27th, 2014
|| The child unicorn Ariel fights with the tiny tanky terror, Mel, in a surprisingly violent match for the Round 1 A Bracket!
| WMAT B1 Mighty Hood vs. Karian
|| June 23rd, 2014
|| World Martial Arts Tournament, First Round.
CUTSCENES, CLICK TO EXPAND