Infinite Stratos (IS)-1
- 1 Description
- 2 Cast
- 3 Infinite Stratos (IS)
- 4 OOC Info
In the near future, a Japanese scientist engineers a powered exoskeleton called "Infinite Stratos" (IS). Possessing technology and combat capabilities far more advanced than any other weapon system, the IS threatens to destabilize the world. Faced with such an overpowering weapon, the nations of the world enact the "Alaska Treaty", which states that IS will never be used for military combat and that existing IS technology must be equally distributed to all nations, to prevent any one nation for dominating the others. The introduction of the IS does however have a major effect on society. As IS can only be operated by women, the power balance between men and women is broken, with women coming to dominate society over men. Ten years after the first IS were introduced, the world has entered a new age of peace. The peace is shattered, however, by an unexpected discovery. A 15 year old Japanese boy, named Ichika Orimura, is discovered to be capable of operating an IS. Realizing the potential, Ichika is forced by the Japanese government to attend the prestigious Infinite Stratos Academy, an international academy where IS pilots from all over the world are trained. Thus his busy school life surrounded by girls begins.
Infinite Stratos (IS)
The IS was originally created for space work, so the pilot is protected by a special shield. Also, the IS has the ability to adjust body functions to keep the pilot in a stable state. It can increase heart rate, pulse, lung capacity, amount of sweat lost, and endorphin's, which are amino acids that the brain releases during times of pain, exercise, or excitement.
Today, even though many countries and enterprises engage in Infinite Stratos research and development, all information related to manufacturing the central component, called the core, has never been released. The cores of the 467 IS that exist today were all personally created by Doctor Shinonono. The IS core is effectively a black box, and no one other than Doctor Shinonono has succeeded in manufacturing one. However, Doctor Shinonono has declined to create more than a certain number. As a result, all countries, organizations and enterprises are forced to do their research, development and training with their allotted number of IS cores. Trading of cores is strictly prohibited by Title 7 of the Alaska Treaty...
Additionally, when someone touches an IS, they receive information on the IS. The information floods into the consciousness of the individual and in a matter of seconds, anything and everything about the IS materializes in front of their eyes: the basic movements of the IS, operation method, capabilities, characteristics, existing equipment, active time limit, movement range, sensitivity, radar search, armor residue, output gauge, and so on...Within these seconds, the individual will understand everything about the IS.
The vision is also linked to all sorts of sensors, the numbers and readouts appearing directly in the mind. The individual can the “feel” information about their surroundings through those readouts.
The IS Training Suit is a suit that looks like an old school swimsuit, each manufacturer adds advanced life protection function and comfort while complying with regulations specified by the school. A vital monitor is built into the intelligence tag at the base of the throat; it is able to constantly check the student’s physiological state and position. This suit is worn by students when equipping most standard-type IS. The holes in the hip region, as well as intentionally cutting off the part where most stresses occur during exercise in the old school swimsuit and dispersing the load, also functions as a ventilator. The sealing part of the leg protector adheres to the skin when the switch of the tag is pressed causing voltage to go through the silicon molecules.
Additionally, the IS Suit will detect the weak electricity on the skin and pass the signals of the user's movements to all the parts of the body before the IS can take action. Also, this suit is really durable, it can completely withstand a mini-caliber gunshot. The IS suit is also able to absorb sweat and the wearer is never effected due to this. All students and IS pilots have these suits that are normally worn under regular clothing.
Massed Produced IS'
The following IS' are mass produced and are available to those who are attending the IS academy to learn how to control them.These are base units with nothing special about them, unless mentioned.
1st Shift/Armaments & Abilities
- Known Armaments include: Sniper Rifle, Grenade Launcher
1st Shift/Armaments & Abilities
- The only weapon of this IS is: Katana - A basic katana for every IS students uses it for training or battle with a length of 170cm
Those who do decide to get an IS via the upgrade application, would be enrolled as IS Representative Cadet/Candidate for the Uninon/Confederation/Syndicate. YOu would also be First year students, and be ready to expect a following of girls due to the IS Academy being an all girl boarding school that only allows non-students as guest at special events/celebrations and most of the student body know about things from manga/anime.
Also all students would need to join a club within the IS Academy, everything from student council to tea club. First year students have a blue necktie, second years have yellow neckties and third year has red neckties. As I find out more information, I will let people know and post it to here.
For those looking at apping and IS for their existing character, below is some info on the app and what needs to be in the upgrade app only.
- For those wanting to do an upgrade application to get an IS, there are a few things that are needed to be followed.
- All IS upgrades need to have a Repair Team. This repair team will consist of 5 IS Academy Students that are NPCs with limited radio access. This Repair Team will have 2 first year students, 2 second year students and 1 third year student. these are part of the maintenance club and they will help keep the IS in good condition and assist as needed. These students would be assigned to each IS and since the IS Academy is the home to any and all IS pilots around the world, you could have any number of countries as part of your team. YOu would get to name your own team and which country they are from. all will be girls as there is only 1 protag guy so far.
- All IS' will be based off of the massed produced models listed above. HOWEVER, I think that having one listed that is not in the series would be ok, since I know of 4 mass produced IS companies but only 2 mass produced units are shown. So there is some free style that can be done within reason and MUSH rules. Each of the personal IS will start out as 2nd Generation IS' and can be upgraded to 2.5 or 3rd Gen.
- Depending on the MP (massed produced) unit used, the total available slots on an IS ranges between 10 to 20. These slots is what holds the weapons/thrusters/armor so when designing, think about what you want. Each IS is unique to others so think how you want it to look. There is also the chance to have an IS with only 1 or 2 weapons due to the nature of the IS. The main protag of IS has this.
- There is 1 IS that has nanomachines that are controlled by the pilot and controls water, so using that would be ok, even an element would work due to this. But it depends on the idea and what you want.
- I did create 2 +radio channels, IS and IS_OOC, and these are just as they appear. IS is the channel that all IS pilots have and this allows the pilots to talk privately with another or group. the OOC one is OOC and used for everything else.
- Each IS pilot has their personal IS in standby or closed mode that takes on different shapes for different users, mostly accessories like ring, earrings, necklaces, etc. for girls, and a gauntlet/bulky bracelet for boys.
- Each IS has a unique name and two-tone coloration. Something you think would be the name of an IS or whatever.
- Lastly, have fun and think outside of the box on the IS design, just use the various known IS' from the IS Wiki, the anime, the game, the manga and or light novel as reference. Look at Mairead's and Nagato once she has hers approved. I did do up a spreadsheet on the mass produced IS' so feel free to go to the spreadsheet to design your own.
- The following is what all IS Academy students have while attending. those at the ISA are there for three years and classes run 6 days a week year round. covering everything form basic schooling to piloting IS' to combat skills.
IS Academy Uniform
- Those that decide to get an IS would become students, and have uniforms that would be required. The uniform is standard among the entire school, white blazer with long sleeves and a skirt for girls/ladies with variations among the IS Candidate Representatives (a few normal students also have their uniforms customized). The only way to tell between the years are their neckties, which are different colors (blue for first years, yellow for second years, red for third years.) For boys/men it is white blazer with long sleeves with long trousers.
- When the students are doing IS training, they switch to a tight fitting suit (similar to a one-piece swimsuit) and leg stockings that reached to their thighs. For the female Representative Candidates, they wear the same suit with varying colors, while males wears a tank top and burmudas of similar material.
IS Academy Gym Suit
- The top of the gym suit specified by the IS Academy is a sleeveless shirt with an American collar, the color surrounding the collar is different according to the school year, deep red for this year’s first-year students, yellow for second-year students, moss green for third-year students. Though the bottom became extinct due to the gender-free ideology partial to the beginning of this century, In the society where women are placed higher than men after the introduction of IS, the legendary equipment, Bloomers, was quickly reissued for use whose restoration from the same sex era was strongly hoped for as a style that strongly emphasizes high functionality, fine healthy sight of a woman and majesty. The color is uniformly red. The gym suit can be individually customized as well like the uniform, other than the choice of various bloomers, it is possible to equip variations of such things like socks and gloves with added anti-UV function.