| Loros (Scenesys ID: 303)
| "There are secrets everywhere in this world, and all of them have power. It is my purpose to unlock the power of these secrets."
| Full Name:
|| (OC) Original
|| Mystic Adeptus
| Factional Information
|| Confederacy (3-The Wizard)
|| Dun Realtai
| Other Information
| Physical Age:
|| Actual Age:
| Still Aging?
|| Voice Actor:
|| Tony Jay
| Hair Color:
|| Eye Color:
| Theme Song:
Something of a figure of mystery, Loros is an acknowledge master of a number of mystical arts. A master of deals, pacts and dark bargains, somewhere along the line he picked up or bargained for a knack with the many magics of the Multiverse. Able to turn his hand to nearly any form of magic with sufficient study, practice and exposure, he nonetheless has his preferences in magic. The true source of his power is enigmatic, but it manifests as dread psyche shattering intonations, brilliant cold and terrible light, and the deep freezing darkness that lingers between and beyond the stars. Despite this, he is known to be personable, friendly and well mannered. And completely and utterly ruthless in his pursuit of knowledge and power. A pursuit that has cost him much of his knowledge of who he was before he formed his first pact with the unknowable beings he deals with.
- Magic: Loros is a dedicated scholar and student of the many and varied forms of the Art of Magic. He has mastery over a broad variety of magical schools, including elementalism, truespeech, summoning, and wizardry. He has also gained a significant understanding of the underlying principles of magic in its many forms. He is capable of mixing different practices for greater effect, and is both skilled and powerful. While he is quite capable of using combative magics, his deeper strengths lie in ritualistic and long term magics that allow for long term planning and subtle effects.
- Alchemy: A skilled Alchemist, Loros is capable of mixing and infusing elixers, potions, draughts and oils of varied effects, up to and including both the Philosopher's Stone and the Elixir of Life, which allows for extension of the imbibers life span. He's also able to perform transmutation of base materials to more noble forms, enabling the creation of powerful raw materials and even the occasional golemn or homunculus.
- Seer: Posessed of the gift of sight and prophecy, Loros is capable of making predictions of the future and scrying events that occur in the present. However, his gifts of sight are never benign, and any prophecy he speaks invariably leads to corruption, madness or ruin. He is capable of glimpsing, and to a lesser degree manipulating the 'threads of Fate', patterns in reality that describe actions that others may take with significant impact. This is largely limited to societal effects and the Fates of the non-Auric - something about Elites renders this aspect of his ability ineffective or murky at best.
- Enchanter: The imbuement of things or places with magical effects - Loros is a master of this art, capable of infusing phsycial objects with spirits or magical powers. More importantly, he is able to enchant locales - while this is not a rapid process, it does enable him to set up long term effects both benign and malign, or establish magical links to particular locations, genarlly points of significance or power.
- Keeper of Doors: Loros has access to something he calls The Doors. A set of sealed and unsealed portals tied to other planes and parellel worlds, he can use them for travel, escape, or summoning those things imprisioned beyond, generally very angry things that want to hurt a lot of people.
- Mystical Lore: In addition to being able to wield many and varied forms of magic, Loros has studied magical lore, mystical thought and related fields for a very long time. As such, he has a deep knowledge of these and related fields, including mythology, archaeology, anthropology and philosophy.
- Adventurer: As an adventurer, Loros has picked up a number of useful and related skills. Cooking, foraging, basic dungeoneering safety as well as sword, knife and staff fighting. Rope use, climbing, spelunking, stealth and trap detection.
- Pact Maker: Loros is a master of the deal, bargaining with the dark and bright powers. Much of his personal power comes from these pacts, and he's always looking both for an angle, as well as a straight up honest deal. He is owed favors by many powers in exchange for past gifts or favors he's granted, favors he can call upon for information or direct help. And many of those whom he has pacted with are both powerful and unspeakably horrific.
- Starscry Bastion: This castle is Loros' home and sanctum. Hung in the starry sky overhead of the Multiverse, the only way in or out is the Hall of Doors. A vast hallway containing a number of locked and unlocked doors leading to various pathways and places in the Multiverse, it allows Loros access to the gate network as well as other locations. It can be broken into by those with the right sort of mystical knowledge and skill to do so. The castle also contains his library, work rooms, forges, a kitchen and a number of mortal and supernatural servants and creations needed for its upkeep and Loros' studies.
- Archive: An artifact that has fallen into Loros possession, it normally takes the form of a small pocket sized leather bound notebook. In actuality, it is a repository of every printed, written or drawn page Loros has ever observed, written or conceptualized. Pages can be called forth to hang in the air, or the book can become a massive tome at need. Provided Loros is alive, the book cannot be destroyed, damage to it instead being translated to Loros.
- The Knife: The knife is an ancient sacrificial knife made of obsidian and bone that has been so soaked in blood it has become an artifact in it's own right. Nearly indestructable, incredibly sharp and filled with the blood of countless sacrifices, the stored suffering and blood can be used to fuel dark magic.
- Morrigan: A living grimoire that Loros fashioned from the Revelations of Melech and the freely given soul of a woman, Morrigan lives with Loros. For now, she serves as companion, advisor and occasional source of torment. Morrigan is cheerful, insane and enjoys tormenting her master however she can. She's also capable of wielding the spells contained within the text she was born from, generally relating to terrible secrets that dwell within and just past the strangest stars in the sky. (PL 31)
- Keeper of the Doors: Loros is expected to keep the Doors that require it sealed. This is true both in a literal and metaphysical sense, and requires him to act as a sort of guardian of existence at times. This can and has put him at odds with powerful and dangerous entities in the past and will do so in the future.
- Tainted by Darkness: So touched by darkness and the deals he's made, Loros is clearly evil to any who might have the ability to sense such things. It also renders him partially vulnerable to effects intended to stop or harm supernatural evil. Even those who aren't sensitive will get the sense that something is 'off' when in the wizard's presence.
- Pride: Loros is extremely self confident and proud of both his knowledge and abilities. While the majority of the time he keeps this hidden under a veneer of civility, it can cause him to underestimate some of his foes. The upsetting of his schemes beyond his ability to plan for setbacks will also crack his facade and is capable of causing him to react rashly, usually increasing the risk of a bad outcome.
LOGS, CLICK TO EXPAND
| To Meet the Wizard
|| January 3rd, 2017
|| Now no longer on opposite sides of the battle lines, Sarah invites Loros for a cup of tea and a chat.
| High Society
|| December 12th, 2015
|| Loros proposes an inkling of a business idea to the Lady.
| A Wizard Hammers Iron
|| January 22nd, 2015
|| Sir Bedivere goes to investigate why Loros' camp has suddenly sprouted a caravan of tents and a forge.
| The Next Lesson
|| January 13th, 2015
|| Loros continues his tutoring of Sir Bedivere in the arcane; this time, in how to draw the ambient energy of an area and imbue it into something else.
| By the Sword
|| January 10th, 2015
|| Sir Bedivere of Dun Realtai is challenged to a duel by the mysterious swordsman and Heroic Spirit, Sasaki Kojirou.
| Green Thumb Tanuki
|| January 6th, 2015
|| Yunomi visits Dun Realtai to discuss plans for a greenhouse.
| The Master's Instruction
|| October 30th, 2014
|| Loros instructs Sir Bedivere in the fundamentals of magic.
| Matters of the Heart
|| October 26th, 2014
|| To protect something he holds dear, Bedivere strikes a bargain with Loros, to protect in turn something of value belonging to the Wizard...
| A Raven in the Snow
|| September 27th, 2014
|| While catching up with the Wisewoman, Inga, Arturia and Bedivere receive an unexpected visit from Loros; whereupon he dispenses a bit of equally unexpected advice... and, as usual, leaves more questions than he answers.
| Autumn Celebration
|| September 23rd, 2014
|| Now that Dun Realtai has finished its preparations for the winter, its people throw a celebration for all to attend.
| A Test of Character
|| September 17th, 2014
|| Loros pays a visit to the Lord of Dún Reáltaí, and present him with a simple test of character.
| Evolution of the Species
|| August 16th, 2014
|| Investigations in Kingsmouth continue. The local Orochi Group research team asks for a problem to be solved. Explosions occur.
CUTSCENES, CLICK TO EXPAND