Quistis Trepe (Dropped)
|Quistis Trepe (Scenesys ID: -1)|
|"It's not like everyone can get by on their own, you know?"|
|Full Name:||Quistis Trepe|
|Theme:||(FC) Final Fantasy VIII-1|
|Physical Age:||Early 20s||Actual Age:||20|
|Still Aging?||Yes||Voice Actor:|
|Hair Color:||Blonde||Eye Color:||Blue|
Once an instructor at Balamb Garden and later demoted to a mercenary of Balamb Garden, Quistis' duties would take her across time and space itself with her childhood friends, challenging the malevolent Sorceress threatening their very world itself. She later volunteered to join the Union under Balamb Garden's auspices, serving as a lieutenant. Quistis is professional and focused, cool-headed even in a crisis with the kind of tempered intellect few find in someone her age. In most given situations, she knows exactly what needs to be done, and exactly how to go about it. That's not to say she's without compassion, for she knows well how important it can be to rely on others, but if ever there were a bastion of cool professionality it would be her. In battle she wields whips of linked chain and blade, and relies on "Blue Magic," the skills of monsters, to get her out of tight spots.
- Allies & Friends
- Quistis considers herself responsible for the live of those close to her. For the most part, this covers her childhood friends and key individuals from her world, but may also extend to cover respected Union allies, as well. While she won't act irrationally to save them, she'll take many more risks than she otherwise would, and this tendency could easily be taken advantage of.
- Coping Mechanisms
- The life of an instructor, or an ex-instructor, is a lonely one. Quistis feels she has few people she can turn to for support, excepting her childhood friends, and has a tendency to feel her responsibilities far more keenly than she needs to. She tends to brood on and dwell over failures and mistakes, albeit not to the point of debilitating herself, and takes losses of almost any kind much harder than is strictly necessary.
- Although she isn't blind without them, Quistis still has significantly degraded vision. She tends to have difficulty seeing well without them, and they can be a significant handicap if they're knocked loose in battle. (She also has a tendency to melt a hole through them if she uses some of her Blue Magic skills without taking them off first.)
- Guardian Force
- All power has a cost. To survive when Junctioned, Guardian Forces consume the memories of their host. While it's not known whether these memories are repressed or destroyed, they're not voluntarily accessible to the host. It's less of a concern to those aware of the cost, as a Guardian Force can be "disconnected" when not in battle, but it's still a threat.
- Since she doesn't keep her Guardian Force consistently joined to her, Quistis suffers a penalty every time she's attacked and caught off her guard. It takes precious time to Junction, as it's a process that can't be rushed. (+info/Quistis Junction)
- Only Human
- Despite the supernatural boost to her already considerable skill, Quistis is only human. She can't punch through walls, she can't withstand a whole lot of damage. A moderate degree of physical punishment can and will drop her.
- Thanks to her personality and her profession, Quistis is something of a perfectionist. This might be a beneficial trait at any other time, but she is her own worst critic, and will second-guess her actions or brood on her mistakes at the most inopportune times. Sometimes this can nudge her into depression, anxiety, or other negative emotions that may interfere with her judgement.
|No logs submitted yet.|
|No logs submitted yet.|
Blue Magic is the art of learning an opponent's skills in battle to use against them. Through this uncommon but time-honoured technique, Quistis has learned a formidable array of abilities to help her out of tight spots. While some hypothesise that Blue Magic is made possible through the use of para-magic, the truth is that nobody really knows.
In all cases, the more enemies a spell strikes, the lesser its potency. Elemental types are included primarily for fluff and have no bearing on combat system effectiveness. The number beside each indicates the attack level of each technique.
- Laser Eye
- Whisking off her glasses, Quistis fires an Eye Beam at the enemy, dealing non-elemental damage. This move is convenient and quick, and allows her to deal moderate damage without a whole lot of effort. (It does, however, have the downside of destroying glasses she doesn't remove quickly enough.)
- Ultra Waves
- By focusing her para-magic on particular frequencies, Quistis can produce devastating sound waves to saturate an area, hitting every target in her immediate proximity. This has the unfortunate effect of not differentiating between friend or foe, and will strike anything in its radius of effect.
- Quistis calls up bolts of lightning, causing them to erupt outward and give her enemies a nasty shock. Enemies or machinery weak against electrical damage may suffer a little more than others at this treatment.
- Aqua Breath
- Launching a wave of para-magical water at her enemies, Quistis can deal damage that does well against creatures with a natural vulnerability to water. (That's fresh water, by the way.) Also, it's great for rusting out machinery.
- Splashing an enemy with para-magical poison, Quistis can deal virulent damage to things vulnerable to disease or venom. It's highly toxic, and may burn holes into weaker materials it comes into contact with... and that includes people.
- Gatling Gun
- Using para-magic that draws on air and instigates kinetic force, Quistis fires a wave of "bullets" at her enemies, inflicting damage and possibly bowling her targets over a little.
- Fire Breath
- Doing her best impersonation of an angry dragon, Quistis draws on fiery para-magic to scathe her foes with a wave of fire, burning and turning to a crisp anyone or anything that happens to be standing in front of her at the time. Spicy hot food optional.
- White Wind
- Quistis calls on the spirits, or perhaps the spirit of the land, and restores some health to any nearby allies. The radius is fairly small, though, so they have to be standing relatively close (within twenty feet or so) to her.
- Homing Laser
- The big, bad brother of Laser Eye. By focusing a little further, Quistis can call up an even more damaging laser to home in on her foes from medium range, searing and inflicting non-elemental damage to her unfortunate target.
- Mighty Guard
- Quistis calls up a barrier to protect her allies, buffing them once in a single combat session. It protects them and prevents them from getting chewed up by their enemies. Well, too badly, anyway.
- Ray Bomb
- Sweeping a laser beam across the battlefield, Quistis flings her enemies into the air, bringing them back down for a none too gentle landing and crisping them nicely with the laser that blasts them off their feet.
- Shockwave Pulsar
- Calling on her para-magic, Quistis forcibly flings her enemies into the star-spangled sky, and then blasts them with a showy gravitational ball of energy. It does horrendous damage, but it tends to leave Quistis drained after such an effort.
Ray Bomb and Shockwave Pulsar are either +uber or +epic commands, as dramatically appropriate.
Every SeeD operative based out of Balamb Garden has at their disposal a powerful spiritual entity called a Guardian Force. Joined directly to the SeeD's mind, this creature lends great power to their hosts, though it comes at cost. Long-term use of Guardian Forces causes memory loss, though whether the memories are destroyed or just deeply repressed is a phenomenon that is poorly understood.
A Guardian Force can be voluntarily Junctioned, forming a mental bond with the host and augmenting their combat abilities in various ways. Some Guardian Forces are beneficial to a host's defense and stamina. Others lend power to para-magic or physical attacks. Quezacotl in particular boots Quistis' ability to use para-magic.
The process of Junctioning is not painful, and some long-term hosts can describe it as comforting; like putting on a favourite old pair of jeans when separated from their "companion."
Guardian Forces may be Junctioned in the midst of battle, but it leaves the host disoriented and vulnerable if done too quickly.
Though it was once founded to put down the threat of the Sorceress in the world, SeeD has since become a mercenary organisation, known both for its neutrality and for fielding the best operatives in the business. They are called on for a variety of missions. Most notably, they serve as battle support, undercover operations, and bodyguards for important diplomatic figures. Though they lack the number to form a true army, their services are nonetheless well known in their homeland, and can command a hefty sum.
As a ranking member, Quistis has the authority to call upon certain resources to ensure the completion of her missions undertaken through the Union. In most cases these are limited to armour, weaponry, vehicles, and personnel as the situation calls for.
- Most armour types include anti-ballistic armour such as flak jackets, vests, and other forms of preventive protection. Heavier examples include riot armour, enhanced fiberglass shields, and other forms of complete coverage.
- With a fully functional hangar, Balamb Garden has the facilities to house and dispatch many different vehicles. These include armoured tanks, amphibious assault vehicles, and vehicles used for personal transport. After joining the Union, they have also added assault and transport helicopters to their arsenal.
- SeeD maintains a fairly extensive armoury, allowing its ranking members to draw on a wide variety of tools to get the job done. Quistis has at her disposal personal firearms, crossbows, whips, swords, axes, polearms, batons, nightsticks, tazers, and other weaponry. She only has the training for a limited selection, that being personal firearms and whips, but she can access a fairly impressive variety of them from Balamb Garden's own reserves.
- Lastly, SeeD members can order lesser-ranked personnel to support them in or out of combat. While the overwhelming majority of SeeD consists of Elite individuals, most of them are on a wholly different level than most Elites, and are not nearly as strong. They aren't quite at the level of expendable gumbies, but they're only a cut or two above that point. (PL 28)Dropped