Pushes

From Multiverse Crisis MUSH
Jump to: navigation, search

Pushes

Pushes are special actions and modifiers that can be activated by a character in combat by spending their Hype, meant to help represent the wide varieties of abilities, maneuvers, and options a character can have available to them moment-to-moment in combat, and to allow all players a universal amount of control over how their fight plays out, regardless of their character's specific Mantle. All Pushes are available to all characters by default, and may be used at any time.
Using a Push that doesn't have an instantaneous effect loads it into a queue, where it will activate once an attack/defense exchange is resolved. Queuing up more Pushes than you have Hype will result in Pushes at the end of the list failing to activate. Using a Push creates a visible notification, which will tell anyone in the room that you have used one, but most don't name the specific Push itself, only whether it is "small" for spending 1-3 Hype, "big" for spending 4-5 Hype, or "huge" for spending 6 or more Hype. This allows players to anticipate which attacks and defenses are the most heavily enhanced, without divulging all details.
It should be noted that, unless attached to an explicit number of effect, all Pushes are inherently self-regulating. Spending Hype on a Push will have a roughly equal effect on any level of attack, meaning that there is no strict need to save up Hype to only utilize Pushes for the largest attacks in a battle.


Attack:

Attack I: Cost 2 - The damage of your next attack is increased by a Significant amount.
Attack II: Cost 4 - The damage of your next attack is increased by a Superior amount.
Attack III: Cost 6 - The damage of your next attack is increased by an Extreme amount.

Defense:

Defense I: Cost 2 - The damage from the next attack you take is reduced by a Significant amount.
Defense II: Cost 4 - The damage from the next attack you take is reduced by a Superior amount.
Defense III: Cost 6 - The damage from the next attack you take is reduced by an Extreme amount.

Balance:

Balance I: Cost 1 - The damage of your next attack is increased by a Moderate amount and the damage from the next attack you take is reduced by a Moderate amount.
Balance II: Cost 3 - The damage of your next attack is increased by a Significant amount and the damage from the next attack you take is reduced by a Significant amount.
Balance III: Cost 5 - The damage of your next attack is increased by a Major amount and the damage from the next attack you take is reduced by a Major amount.

Buff:

Buff I: Cost 2 - You gain a Moderate Buff to a stat of your choice for 2 turns.
Buff II: Cost 4 - You gain a Significant Buff to a stat of your choice for 2 turns.
Buff III: Cost 6 - You gain a Superior Buff to a stat of your choice for 2 turns.
Buff X: Cost 8 - You gain an Extreme Buff to a stat of your choice for 2 turns.

Debuff:

Debuff I: Cost 2 - Your next attack applies a Solid Debuff to a stat of your choice for 2 turns.
Debuff II: Cost 4 - Your next attack applies a Major Debuff to a stat of your choice for 2 turns.
Debuff III: Cost 6 - Your next attack applies a Massive Debuff to a stat of your choice for 2 turns.

Damage Over Time - Venom:

Venom I: Cost 2 - Your next attack applies 6 Moderate Venom stacks. While the target has Venom stacks, each of their defenses consumes Venom stacks equal to the level of the attack they defend against, and each stack deals damage based on the accuracy and relative power of the hit that applied them.
Venom II: Cost 4 - Your next attack applies 6 Solid Venom stacks. While the target has Venom stacks, each of their defenses consumes Venom stacks equal to the level of the attack they defend against, and each stack deals damage based on the accuracy and relative power of the hit that applied them.
Venom III: Cost 6 - Your next attack applies 6 Significant Venom stacks. While the target has Venom stacks, each of their defenses consumes Venom stacks equal to the level of the attack they defend against, and each stack deals damage based on the accuracy and relative power of the hit that applied them.

Damage Over Time - Burn:

Burn I: Cost 1 - Your next attack applies 6 Minor Burn stacks. While the target has Burn stacks, each of their attacks consumes Burn stacks equal to the level of the attack they use, and each stack deals based on the accuracy and relative power of the hit that applied them.
Burn II: Cost 3 - Your next attack applies 6 Moderate Burn stacks. While the target has Burn stacks, each of their attacks consumes Burn stacks equal to the level of the attack they use, and each stack deals damage based on the accuracy and relative power of the hit that applied them.
Burn III: Cost 5 - Your next attack applies 6 Solid Burn stacks. While the target has Burn stacks, each of their attacks consumes Burn stacks equal to the level of the attack they use, and each stack deals damage.

Exhaust - Deplete:

Deplete I: Cost 2 - The Drive cost of your opponent's next attack is increased by 3 + the level of the attack.
Deplete II: Cost 4 - The Drive cost of your opponent's next attack is increased by 6 + twice the level of the attack.
Deplete II: Cost 6 - The Drive cost of your opponent's next attack is increased by 9 + thrice level of the attack.

Exhaust - Siphon:

Siphon I: Cost 2 - After your attack, your opponent recovers 7 less Drive on their next defense.
Siphon II: Cost 4 - After your attack, your opponent recovers 14 less Drive on their next defense.
Siphon III: Cost 6 - After your attack, your opponent recovers 21 less Drive on their next defense.

Boost:

Boost I: Cost 2 - You instantly gain 5 Drive.
Boost II: Cost 4 - You instantly gain 10 Drive.
Boost III: Cost 6 - You instantly gain 15 Drive.

Recharge:

Recharge I: Cost 1 - You gain 10 Shield HP. Cannot be used if you have no Shield HP remaining.
Recharge II: Cost 3 - You gain 30 Shield HP. Cannot be used if you have no Shield HP remaining.
Recharge III: Cost 5 - You gain 50 Shield HP. Cannot be used if you have no Shield HP remaining.
Recharge X: Cost 7 - You gain a Shield HP bar equal to 15% of your maximum HP if you had none. The bar begins one third full. Can only be used once per battle.

Repair:

Repair I: Cost 1 - You gain 5 Armor HP. Cannot be used if you have no Armor HP.
Repair II: Cost 3 - You gain 15 Armor HP. Cannot be used if you have no Armor HP.
Repair III: Cost 5 - You gain 25 Armor HP. Cannot be used if you have no Armor HP.
Repair X: Cost 7 - You gain 35 Armor HP if you had none. Can only be used once per battle.

Recover:

Recover I: Cost 3 - Revert 50 and 100 of your Peril and Fade HP back to its previous form of HP.
Recover II: Cost 5 - Revert 100 and 200 of your Peril and Fade HP back to its previous form of HP.
Recover III: Cost 7 - Revert 150 and 300 of your Peril and Fade HP back to its previous form of HP.

Tear:

Tear I: Cost 2 - Your next attack deals Significant extra damage in the form of Peril HP.
Tear II: Cost 4 - Your next attack deals Superior extra damage in the form of Peril HP.
Tear III: Cost 6 - Your next attack deals Extreme extra damage in the form of Peril HP.

Jolt:

Jolt I: Cost 2 - Your next attack deals Superior extra damage in the form of Fade HP.
Jolt II: Cost 4 - Your next attack deals Massive extra damage in the form of Fade HP.
Jolt III: Cost 6 - Your next attack deals Extreme extra damage in the form of Fade HP.

Cure:

Cure I: Cost 2 - You cure all Solid Debuffs at an 80% chance each. Each adjective lower or higher, and/or each turn lower or higher than 2 remaining, increases or reduces the chance by 20%.
You cure 4-7 Moderate Damage over Time stacks. Each adjective lower or higher raises or lowers this range by 1.
You lose 5-10 less Drive the next time you are affected by an Exhaust.
Cure II: Cost 4 - You cure all Major Debuffs at an 80% chance each. Each adjective lower or higher, and/or each turn lower or higher than 2 remaining, increases or reduces the chance by 20%.
You cure 4-7 Solid Damage over Time stacks. Each adjective lower or higher raises or lowers this range by 1.
You lose 10-15 less Drive the next time you are affected by an Exhaust.
Cure III: Cost 6 - You cure all Superior Debuffs at an 80% chance each. Each adjective lower or higher, and/or each turn lower or higher than 2 remaining, increases or reduces the chance by 20%.
You cure 4-7 Significant Damage over Time stacks. Each adjective lower or higher raises or lowers this range by 1.
You lose 15-20 less Drive the next time you are affected by an Exhaust.

Break:

Break I: Cost 2 - Your next attack has a 50% chance of removing Moderate Buffs each from the target before hitting, and another 50% chance if it hits. Each adjective lower or higher increases or decreases the chance by 10%.
Break II: Cost 4 - Your next attack has a 50% chance of removing Significant Buffs each from the target before hitting, and another 50% chance if it hits. Each adjective lower or higher increases or decreases the chance by 10%.
Break III: Cost 6 - Your next attack has a 50% chance of removing Superior Buffs each from the target before hitting, and another 50% chance if it hits. Each adjective lower or higher increases or decreases the chance by 10%.

Coup de Grace:

Coup de Grace: Cost 5 - Your next attack immediately converts all remaining turns of all Damage Over Time, Debuff, and Exhaust effects on your opponent into damage.
Coup de Grace X: Cost 7 - Your next attack immediately converts all remaining turns of all Damage Over Time, Debuff, and Exhaust effects on your opponent into damage, and consumes all Peril and Fade HP.

Second Wind:

Second Wind: Cost 8 - After your next attack, you gain Peril HP equal to 15% of your maximum HP. Second Wind can only be used once per battle.
Second Wind X: Cost 10 - After your next attack, you gain Peril HP equal to 20% of your maximum HP. Second Wind can only be used once per battle.

Indomitable:

Indomitable: Cost 8 - After your next attack, you take 40% less damage from the next attack you take. Cannot be used two turns in a row.
Indomitable X: Cost 10 - After your next attack, you take 45% less damage from the next attack you take. Cannot be used two turns in a row.

Finishing Blow:

Finishing Blow: Cost 10 - Your next attack, so long as it does not result in a Miss, automatically becomes a Critical Hit after its final result is decided, but is somewhat less damaging. If it was already a Critical Hit, it gains a Major increase in damage instead.

Ultimate Attack:

Ultimate Attack: Cost 10 - Your next attack deals 50% more damage.