|Mairead Sandilands (Scenesys ID: 940)|
|"Ah maybe a lass, but ah can still wallop yer arse."|
|Full Name:||Mairead Grace Sandilands|
|Theme:||(OC) Infinite Stratos (IS)-1|
|Function:||IS Academy Instructor, Former IS Representative Cadet / Candidate of Scotland|
|Groups:||Hikari Defense Alliance|
|Physical Age:||18||Actual Age:||18|
|Still Aging?||Yes||Voice Actor:||Amy Manson|
|Hair Color:||Red||Eye Color:||Green|
|Theme Song:||Angel With A Shotgun by The Cab|
Mairead Grace Sandilands is the daughter of the now-deceased chief of Clan Sandilands. Her mother was the current chief of the clan, while her father was a minister from Ireland. Due to her upbringing, she was raised in both Irish and Scottish traditions and customs, making her a fiery person. She is not short-tempered, but she has a Scottish hard-headedness and can at times be hotheaded, though she is able to hold her own. She was the Representative Cadet/Candidate of Scotland at the Infinite Stratos Academy, now the Homeroom Teacher of Class Four and 1st Year Dorm Supervisor. Her personal Infinite Stratos is known as Nighean Clota, a close-quarters combat 3rd generation power suit. Trained by master swordsmen, she can handle a broadsword and dual-wielding longswords. Her only release outside of training is hanging out with friends or reading.
Nighean Clota: A powered exoskeleton, meant for outer space exploration but redesigned for battle. Possesses advanced technology and combat capabilities.
- Attack List - Melee: Nighean Clota is equipped with the following melee weapons; a Scottish Broadsword, a beam sword, and a small single-edge knife.
- Attack List - Ranged: Nighean Clota has the following ranged weapons; beam bow, 2 double barrel beam gatling guns, and multi-ranged standard missiles.
- Damage Reduction: The protection for an IS and its pilot provided through an energy shield, which increases the durability. (see NIGHEAN CLOTA ARMAMENTS)
- Hammerspace: Mairead's IS stores her weapons and a change of clothing, either of which can be summoned with a thought.
Swordswoman: Mairead is skilled with the Scottish broadsword, trained by some of the best swordmasters in Scotland and Ireland.
- Weapon Mastery - Swords: From her training, Mairead is a skilled Swordswoman and she is able to dual wield swords for close-quarters combat.
Education and Training: Mairead is an intelligent person and has high marks in the areas of History, Mathematics, and English. Additionally, Mairead is able to read, write and speak English, German, Irish, Japanese; read and speak Latin.
Non-Combat Support Team: Due to having more responsibilities, Mairead has been assigned a team from the IS Academy that helps her work on her IS when needed. They assist in the repair of her IS and other tasks that they are assigned by the Hikari Defense Alliance when not at the IS Academy. This support team includes Rita, Nina, Angela, Heather, and Carman.
STUBBORN and BLUNT <Trouble>: Mairead is a Scottish lady, who is hard-headed, with a firm, unwavering determination and a teenager to boot. She does not like to have her ideas or plans changed once she has them in place, rather good or bad, it matters not, as she will do what she feels is right. This stubbornness tends to make people angry at her for not listening to what they have to say and has caused some to not associate with her and results in a refusal to accept defeat and setbacks. Additionally, Mairead is as blunt as a brick sailing through a glass window. When faced with more adversity, her decisions might narrow more and more to a single path despite how irrational it becomes, such as providing her with more options that she must pick and these options could lead her to make the wrong decision; ie going after an enemy and ignoring the actual issue. Due to this, Mairead creates her own obstacles by refusing to see the reason unless forced to.
SHORT-TEMPERED <Significant>: Mairead is short-tempered and tends to lose her cool when things do not go the way she likes or her way. She will get mad at people and things if something goes wrong and at people when she is laughed at for the phobias that she has. When she gets like this, she tends to summon part or all of her IS and will use it if she has too, depending on the situation. Although, this is usually done to scare people because people do not see her as a threat. Additionally, she also does not like being wrong and gets upset when she is.
ACAROPHOBIA <Minor>: Mairead has Acarophobia, a fear of insects that cause itching. Whenever she sees one, she is always trying to run from it and she always has anti-itching stuff with her. But this is something that scares her greatly, and if she is itching, then she could fail at whatever task she is doing. To make it even worst for her, with the various races within the Multiverse, she is always looking over her shoulder. With Acarophobia, it is something that she tries to face, and usually, it ends in comical situations of hiding behind people, rather they are taller or shorter than her as she runs for cover. This is even true when the IS is active, she is protected, but still has a fear.
|Death In New Form||February 15th, 2019||A group of Paladins make their way to the Scotland/England border and come across a new face on the Metastasis/Earth, and end up recruiting her in the process.|
|Meet and Greet||May 30th, 2018||Mairead meets a new voice for the first time, Penelope Vasquez|
|IS Visit||May 8th, 2018||Touta makes a trip to the IS Academy on Academy Island to visit friends.|
|Tour and Introduction||April 30th, 2018||A chance to met a new person tot he Multiverse and possible the Paladins, Mairead has invited ACT B3-114 to the IS Academy for a chance to have a simple conversationa nd to find out more about her.|
|Spellcrafters Day Decorating||April 22nd, 2018||Pending|
|The Pillars of Avarice||April 22nd, 2018||Pending|
|Day at the Beach||April 15th, 2018||A day at the beach on the Island where Fairyland Hall is located at. Simple, relaxing and a time to have fun and get to know people.|
|Visiting Eternity||January 27th, 2018||Touta has a few guests arrive in his world and takes the opportunity to show them the sights.|
|Seeing the sights||November 23rd, 2017||Mairead just got her new IS, Clota and is flying around the Multiverse trying it out after a year without one due to an incident and who will she meet that she has never met before?|
|All-Seeing Meeting||November 6th, 2017||A meeting of the one call the All-Seeing Eye and Mairead at Academy Island.|
|Hikari Seaport Test||August 13th, 2016||What will happen when a new unit is shown that has not been seen by anyone except for a select few that is available to Nagato and possibly others at a future date?|
|1-on-1 IS training||July 3rd, 2016||Visitors from the Union attend the IS Academy and are measured for possible IS suits if they decide to attend. Moreover, they are shown a demo of the fighting that could occur|
|Introduction to Infinite Stratos (IS)||June 15th, 2016||Members of the Union attend an open house of the IS Academy, for a chance to learn about them and to pilot one of the massed produced IS'.|
|One Night at Maison Stark||March 13th, 2016||While Tony and Pepper are away on their honeymoon, Malibu is still bustling as Toph celebrates her fifteenth birthday with a sleep over.|
|Seriously, A Tiger In The Dojo!||February 25th, 2016||Momoyo is challenged by the mysterious Sagat, the Emperor of Muay Thai. The Goddess of Martial Arts has a close match but ultimately the Dragon succumbs to the Tiger, leaving plenty for Momoyo to think about and a lonely Northern Deva an actual rival to chase!|
|Cobalt Mire||February 18th, 2016||When they journey to Gorsh to find the cure for Kazuko Kawakami's poisoning, the Union finds more than just the swamp's vicious monsters to threaten their day.|
|Eastern Deva Match: Kazuko vs. Lu-Mey||February 12th, 2016||Eastern Deva Kazuko versus challenger Lu-Mey! Bugs and crazybones versus polearms and regular bones! Also, politeness.|
|Valentine Dress Assistance||February 12th, 2016||Mairead travels to Equestria, specifically The Carousel Boutique for her first ever dress measurement and fittng from the master seamstress Rarity.|
|Strength versus Strength||February 9th, 2016||Hoshi Amakasu and Yang Xiao Long, two of the strongest fighters of their worlds duke it out in a friendly sparring match. Kendo Might versus Berserk Brawler!|
|Clenched Teeth Teamwork||February 4th, 2016||Called by a Jedi temple to ward off a Sith intruder, Jedi Revan and Kyle Katarn bring Maya and Mairead Sandilands, only to end up working together. There they find revalations about themselves and their actions through the Force...|
|Seriously, go on a tour with me!!!||January 30th, 2016||Kazuko takes a few Union members on a brief tour of Kawakami City before a mission. Also, arcades, potential enrollment, and lectures.|
|Sparring Match||January 28th, 2016||Friendly spar between two people, Kazuko Kawakam and Mairead Sandilands with different styles and becoming good friends.|
|IS and BB||January 27th, 2016||Mairead visits Nagato.|
|Seriously, Strike Arts VS. Kawakami Style!||January 26th, 2016||Fate reviews Momoyo's sparring surveillance footage, asking Vivio if she'd like to spar. Vivio agrees, so shortly thereafter Fate contacts Momoyo to set up an appointment. Unfortunately, Momoyo goes overboard and Vivio won't back down... prompting Fate to overreact and step in to teach the Chancer the meaning of control and moderation. After 'befriending' Momoyo in an over the top display of non-lethal overkill, Fate seals Momoyo for a week and drafts her involuntarily into the TSAB as an aide... preventing Momoyo from fighting while Fate schemes to mother her to death in that timeframe while the much of the rest of the Union snickers and chides Momoyo for her first actual loss and what it's meaning is. Entirely Fate's fault, but Momoyo had it coming for some time...|
|Training (Mairead Sandilands)||June 10th, 2018||Mairead is busy sitting in her room at the IS Academy and is thinking about getting better with some training from friends. Just who to ask is the question...|
|Distractions (Mairead Sandilands)||April 15th, 2018||Reflection on a distraction Mairead is having.|
|Enter: Clota (Mairead Sandilands)||November 3rd, 2017||Mairead receives her new IS|
|Loss, Loneliness and Emerald Lady(Mairead Sandilands)||October 29th, 2017||A devastating attack against the IS Academy by a rogue group called Phantom Task, an antagonistic underground organization who hide themselves in the shadows. A group notorious for stealing IS from all over the world and equipping them with deadly pilots that will kill other IS pilots. They attack the IS Academy and Mairead is one of those that help defend the students, but in the battle, he IS is stolen and she is severely injured. Now, this situation affects her within the IS Academy, the Paladins, and the Hikari Defense Alliance.|
|Flying Admiral, Watchful Eye (Mairead Sandilands)||July 2nd, 2016||Mairead speaks with Yamada Maya about Admiral Nagato and the possible idea for a future IS Rep.|
|Family (Mairead Sandilands)||April 1st, 2016||Mairead receives word on an incident and rushes home.|
|Decisions, Decisions (Mairead Sandilands)||February 1st, 2016||Mairead is thinking about joining Nagato and her Fleet for allowing her to stay at Hikari Sea Port.|
- The relationships that Mairead has gotten while being in the Multiverse, both good and bad.
|Nagato||Respected||Nagato is friendly and was very polite and I respect her for that. She seems to have knowledge in many areas and I hope to learn from her what she knows so that I may become better and to determine what my role is here within the Union. Additionally, she kind of scares me, and I really do not want to get on her bad side.|
|Kazuko Kawakami||Sisterly Friendship||Kazuko is very friendly and we are similar in that we work hard not to fail. Moreover, we are close in age and we are going to be very good friends and I am happy to meet someone who can assist me in many areas, not just training. I believe we will become like sisters.|
|Yang Xiao Long||Friendly|
|Eve||Friendly||Eve is an interesting person, in that she has not had the education or experience that others have had. She is alien to many aspects and I will be glad to help her learn some.|
||She scares me and it is not just her appearance, which is cute. Its what she can do. The way she was able to know what I was feeling and yet she did not do anything to take advantage of it or use it to her advantage is nice. She is actually very polite and would make a decent friend, although I am still gonna be careful when I am around her. After fighting against her, I am scared of her and do not want to run into her again.|
|Staren||Unknown||I am not sure just what is with this man. He seems to be somewhat arrogant but sounds like he cares. Although I really do not know. He does look fun in what Hikari Fleet Uniform though.|
|Rarity||Respected||She is a very nice pony and one who does good work in the area of making outfits, specifically dresses. Maybe she will make a good friend.|
|Lute||Friendship||A nice person and also kissed me. Although, I think maybe I should have hit him for the kiss that he did.... But he was nice and polite for allowing me to stay at the Valentine's Party he had.|
|Sanary Rondel||Friendly||Even though she is a Confederate, she is still nice and polite. Plus she is someone who I could talk too at some point if I need a friend.|
|Lima Ultimos||Friendly||A gentleman that is a pirate and undead... If ever a thing was possible, but he is not like the pirates that are in the History book. A very polite person.|
|Karin Icefang||Friendly||An amazing person for what he has to do in his role and how he treats everyone who is under him. A person who is knowledgeable in many areas yet has respect for people and does not judge. A very good friend.|
|All-Seeing Eye||Friendly Respect||Polite and nice, kind of stand-offish, but has a lot of knowledge and one that I could talk to if I need to and provides advise without beating around the bush.|
|Josuke Higashikata||Friendly||Very polite and nice, although he has funny looking hair. He is one that I am happy to meet and consider him a friend and one who I will help if he requires it. Additionally he is attractive.|
|Touta||Friendly, Attractive||A very polite and nice young lad, who is cute and one that has nothing evil in him and treats all the same, as a friend. COuld there be more than friendship?|
- The Christmas Gifts that Mairead sends and receives every year will go in this section so that she and others can see what was given to her.
|Anne Blakely||Gift card with one million credits|
|Ren Tanaka||Gift card for fashion|
|Nagato||Week off with pay|
|Mortimer Balman, Tanya Degurechaff||Scottish Haggis with a Christmas card, handwritten with a calligraphy pen with a Scottish quote that reads: 'Main th' laird keep ye in his hain, an' ne'er close his fist tay techt oan ye!' (May the Lord keep you in His hand, and never close His fist too tight on you!)|
|Karin Icefang||A small Scottish Wolf cub, a Christmas card, handwritten with a calligraphy pen with a Scottish quote that reads: 'Tiodhlac bheag don fhear a chaill thu.' (A small gift for the one you lost)|
|All-Seeing Eye||A christmas card, handwritten with a calligraphy pen with a Scottish quote that reads: 'Slàinte, sonas agus beartas.' (Health, wealth and happiness.) and it is with a book on the History of Mairead's world.|
|Touta Konoe||A pass to the IS Academy, a Christmas card, handwritten with a calligraphy pen with a Scottish quote that reads: 'Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slainte agus sonas.' (May your cup overflow with health and happiness.), and a book on various topics about the Multiverse, the radio frequency of the IS pilots (both IC and OOC) a box of ribbon candy and laundered clothes.|
|Josuke Higashikata||A Christmas card, handwriting with a calligraphy pen with a Scottish quote that reads: 'Slàinte maith, h-uile latha, na chi 'snach fhaic!' (Good health, every day, whether I see you or not!) a pass to the IS Academy, and a hand-written letter offering a trip to the IS Academy and a dinner of his choice.|
|Nagato||A Christmas card, handwriting with a calligraphy pen with a Scottish quote that reads: 'Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ùr!' (Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!), Some docs with information on the new IS that Mairead has and a note that reads If she wants to use her IS, she can at anytime.|
|Kazuko Kawakami, Yang Xiao Long, Rarity, Septette Arcubielle, Eve, Maya, Lute, Rebecca Chambers, Staren, Sanary Rondal, Lima Ultimos, All Factions||A Christmas card, handwritten with a calligraphy pen with a Scottish quote that reads: 'Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ùr!' (Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!).|
|Robert Speedwagon||A few books on Vampires from authors from Bram Stoker, Joseph Thomas Sheridan Le Fanu, Richard Burton Matheson and others. A Christmas card, handwriting with a calligraphy pen with a Scottish quote that reads: 'Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ùr!' (Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!)|
|Miari||a box and inside are different books ont he various myths and legends of both Scotland and Ireland, in addition to the histories of the two countries. Moreover, she receives a Holy Bible and A Christmas card, handwriting with a calligraphy pen with a Scottish quote that reads: 'Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ùr!' (Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!)|
|Nagato||They all receive a card with the Admiral's thanks, from using the IS Yugana Kaze to the training and for Mairead herself (IS Academy). Mairead gets a Shiratsuyu-class Uniform as well as a note: "Perhaps it's time to see if you can use the equipment. Just keep in mind, you can't use your IS and the Destroyer equipment at the same time. One or the other."|
|Josuke Higashikata||An advertisement -- and a handful of gift certificates -- for the Deux Magots Cafe in Morioh. The cafe is inspired by the famous Les Deux Magots café in the Saint-Germain-des-Prés area of Paris, and bills itself as the place for 'Morioh's Best and Brightest'. It's telling that mostly high school students go there. There's a note (in Japanese) that reads, 'After the fiasco at Tonio's, I didn't figure you'd want to go back there, even if his food is incredibly good. So this is another place in Morioh that I like. It's kind of like a meeting place for students, and the food is pretty good AND pretty affordable on a student budget.'|
|Chevalier||A series of poseable action figures of Eryl Fairfax, All-Seeing Eye, Shigure, and Sir Gawain, and they're relatively detailed and iconic, showing off the 'heroes' in potentially crime-busting glory etc. This includes equippable gear for those heroes who aren't themselves physically imposing.|
|All-Seeing Eye||A large, but well-made and very warm burgundy sweater that complements Mairead's red hair. The front of it reads BOSS in gold lettering, the font bold and blocky. There's also a plain black snapback that's the same shade as the black trim on her school uniform. Lastly, a framed photo of All-Seeing Eye, signed with a personal message. "Confidence is key, Mairead! Make it look easy!|
|Karen Icefang||A general holiday card is sent out with a picture of what many remembrancers have drawn up to be the Emperor in his glory, Golden armor and flaming sword in hand....with a red santa hat on his head. "May the Immortal Emperor give you peace and happiness this day." Every elite that he has met in the past will have an assortment of meats from Fenris, from the venison of the elks to meat from the edible sea creatures of the World Sea. In addition to that, various alchohols from the Imperium as a whole, with notes of their origin and composition, and as is custom, a LARGE keg of Fenrisian Mjod (with a summarily large dose of the anti-toxin for those not able to process the poisonous ale). "May these find you in good health."|
|Kotone Yamakawa||All fleet gets a card from Kotone which has her perched on a Motorcycle in a winterscape wearing a Santa hat wishing them well. All the ship girls get Bauxite Cookies, while all the non ship girls get normal cookies suitable to them.|
|Merlin||a little family film, quaint and simple and charmingly Christmasy somehow, and of course watching it will be easy - the movie comes in whatever local media is watchable.Movie|
|Touta Konoe||A letter is slipped under Mairead Sandilands door back at the academy. Inside the letter is a note and four of the hastily made coupons. The letter reads as follows: "Sorry this is coming so late! Especially when your present was given to me so much earlier! I've been reading that book on the Multiverse you got me and definitely learned alot of stuff, sadly it didn't tell me where to find any good gift shops that accepted Yen. I did meet one of those Kanmusu you mentioned before who tried to help, but it didn't work out the exact way I wanted. I think you know her, Nagato was her name. Still of everyone I've met so far you've been the biggest help to me so I wanted to find a way to show how thankful I was for everything you've done. From finding me in the Quilt, giving me a place to stay, food to eat, getting my clothes back from the other students, getting me a gift, and even helping me find the entrance to my world (I did seriously think I scared you away when I mentioned Lochness monster before, but glad I didn't). Also I am not sure if it was you or one of the teachers who took the mistletoe off the front of my door but if it was you thanks for that as well! But like I was saying, I owe you big time. So when we get to my world feel free to bring along some friends and relax. I'll make sure you guys get the V.I.P. treatment! Anyway, I'll catch you around, Merry Christmas!"|
|Robert Speedwagon||a knife, in a leather sheath. But it's not JUST a knife. It's a Kukri, curiously the same weapon that Anthony Hopkins used as Abraham van Helsing in Francis Ford Coppola's movie adaptation of Bram Stoker's classic book. Notably, there's no maker's mark; might he have made this himself? The handle is made of rowan (said to be good against magical creatures) and the blade has been silvered. Attached to the pommel by a silvered chain is a small, roughly two-inch glass container with silver caps, one of which can be opened. What else does the note say? In the typical vernacular of the era Speedwagon's from (though with rather messy penmanship), it says the following: Miss Mairead, If you truly wish to fight the monster with us, you will need something strong against the undead. I do not know if silver, rowan, or holy artifacts will truly hurt the monster more than steel, but if there is even the smallest chance that it will, I believe we should attempt it. The container attached to the pommel is a reliquary and will accept a small holy artifact. A saint's bone would be ideal if one can be found, but I realize the ideal is not always possible. Perhaps a sprig of rowan might do similar! Robert E. O. Speedwagon|
|Reiji Arisu||Active Paladin Personnel are given set of vouchers redeemable for free fortunes at one of Shinra's (un)official branch offices-slash-shrines in Tokyo and a personalized good-luck charm. - The girls at the Hikari Seaport are given a brand new (if small, Reiji isn't /that/ influential that he can just conjure a temple out of nowhere) shrine to Watatsumi, God of the Sea. There's also a set of appropriate uniforms provided, but it seems the girls might have to figure out who's best suited to tending to the shrine. Fortunately, it seems the shrine has come with a few Miko outfits and associated accoutrements; it'll be up to them to figure out who gets to use them.|
|Touta||a set of pictures from her time working with the Fairyland Hall staff. There's several really proper pictures. Several goofy ones, and several that appear to have been taken without warning that have all been put into a scrap-book. "Mairead, we all really appreciate the help you decided to put in for the holidays especially with your new teaching gig coming up when the holidays are over. So with that we all decided to extend our holiday wishes with all the good times you gave us here, and hope you can use it to store many more that you'll have at the IS Academy. From, your UQ Family."|
|Yang Xiao Long||friendship bracelets' made from braided strings|
|Gawain||Christmas card and a small bag of candy|
|Shigure||a card written in by all four members. They're generic store-bought, but the messages written are kinda-personalized|
|Gilgamesh||a small box of genuinely heavenly fudge, a small bottle of unmatchably divine alcohol, and a small plushie of a crystal spider in a santa hat. The card says that the fudge was made from the milk of a cow demigod in the distant past and the eggs of a cockatrice. The card also includes a picture of said crystal spider in a Santa hat, and a signed picture of Gilgamesh and Enkidu in their Santa and Reindeer getups.|
|Cu Chulainn||Invitation to go fishing or hunting with him any time they want.|
- Mairead has measurements of 36B-24-34
- Her Blood Type is the rare AB-, which is .6% of the world's population.
- Clan Sandilands is an actual clan in Scotland and a sept of the larger Clan Douglas. The Clan Tartan is the Clan Douglas Tartan.
- Mairead has taken it upon her self to work within the shrine that has appear at the Hikari Defense Alliance as she is regelious and feels this is a good task for her in addition to her other tasks.
- Mairead is Bi and is attracted to both males and females.
- Due to her original IS Core being stolen and being severely injured she is unable to have children.
Due to Mairead being enrolled and/or member of the different schools/organizations, she has separate uniforms she must wear.
- Uniform: Consists of a white blazer with long sleeves, while around her neck, is a yellow tie that designates her as a Second-year student. Her legs are covered by green leggings that end under the skirt, while the skirt stops an inch to two inches above the knee. Her feet are clad in dark grey two-inch heels and you notice some type of small weapon in the top of the left legging if it could be seen under her skirt. A tartan sash in the clan colors of Sandilands goes from her left shoulder and ends at her right hip, where it is clasped with the crest of her family; displaying an eagle with wings spread, with the words 'Spero Meliora' on the badge.
- Training Suit: A suit of that looks like a one-piece swimsuit than armor. This suit is lavender as a base color, with violet being the color of the trim of the suit, while there are leggings that reach to mid-thigh that are gray. Her feet are clad in dark grey two-inch heels and you notice some type of a small weapon in the top of the left legging.
- Gym Suit: The top of the gym suit is a sleeveless shirt with an American collar, the color surrounding the collar being deep red, while the color of the gym suit is red. Though the bottom became extinct due to the gender-free ideology, in the society where women are placed higher than men after the introduction of IS, the legendary equipment, bloomers were quickly reissued for use whose restoration from the same-sex era was strongly hoped for as a style that strongly emphasizes high functionality, fine healthy sight of a woman and majesty. Her legs are covered by green leggings that end 3/4 up her thigh.
- Kawakami Academy
- School Fuku: Consists of a white long-sleeved shirt with navy blue lining along the center of the shirt, the pockets and at the end of the sleeves. The skirt is a matching white that stops an inch or two above the knee with the same matching navy blue lining. Her feet are clad in dark grey two-inch heels and you notice some type of small weapon in the top of the left legging if it could be seen under her skirt. A tartan sash in the clan colors of Sandilands goes from her left shoulder and ends at her right hip, where it is clasped with the crest of her family; displaying an eagle with wings spread, with the words 'Spero Meliora' on the badge.
- Hikari Defense Alliance
- SDP: A black serafuku with the collar that is cape-like that is white with black trim and a matching pleated skirt is white with black trimming. A white undershirt can be seen under the uniform top that is covering the collarbones while a black anchor is embroidered on the sides of the collar. On her right shoulder appears to be a spot for something to be attached to, but it is hard to say what. Her legs are covered with black leggings that end under the matching white knee-length skirt. Her feet are clad in dark grey two-inch heels. On top of her head, sits a small black cap with a pin on it, cast in silver in the letters SDP.
- Shiratsuyu Fuku: Currently, she is wearing a black serafuku with a white sailor-style collar and a matching black. The black blouse has white rolled-up sleeves while a red tie hands down under the white-collar and is clenched by a white slide. Her feet are clad in dark grey two-inch heels and she has green leggings that end three inches above her knees. A small weapon of some type is in the top of the left legging.
- Miko: A traditional attire of a miko, a long, red, slightly pleated skirt tied with a bow, a white haori (kimono jacket), and some white hair ribbons. Her legs are covered by green leggings that disappear under the red pleated skirt while her feet are clad in dark grey two-inch heels. The one thing that stands out about her attire, is the tartan sash in the clan colors of Sandilands goes from her left shoulder and ends at her right hip, where it is clasped with the crest of her family; displaying an eagle with wings spread, with the words 'Spero Meliora' on the badge.
- Everyday Cloths
- Sundress: A simple sundress that is lavender in color and reaches to her knees. Absent from her normal attire is the green leggings and the sgian dubh. Additionally, she is wearing simple shoes and no markings of her Clan or where she is from. additionally, her hair is not tied back in a ponytail and is loose. The only jewelry you see besides the armlet on her left bicep is a pair of simple green stud earrings. a simple purse is on her shoulder as well.
The IS that Mairead has for being an IS Candidate Representative. These are:
- Nighean Clota:
- NIGHEAN CLOTA ARMAMENTS, CLICK TO EXPAND
- Melee Weapons:
- Bearnard, a Scottish Broadsword
- Finnghall, a beam sword
- Hume, a sgian dubh, a small single-edge knife.
- Ranged Weapons:
- Cailleach, a beam bow that fires both beam bolts and conventional arrows
- Bean-Nighe, two double barrel beam gatling guns
- Wulver, missiles stored in the four thruster pods, multi-ranged standard missiles and are able to demolish structures. 40 total missiles in the four pods.
- Melee Weapons:
- Active Inertia Canceller or AIC, effectively slows or reduces the speed of an object
- Energy Shield, updated shield that protect Mairead and all IS' and not effected by energy drain of the IS power supply
- EMERALD LADY ARMAMENTS, CLICK TO EXPAND
- Melee Weapons:
- Bearnard, a beam broadsword
- Caddock, a Scottish claymore
- Hume, a sgian dubh, a small single-edge knife
- Ranged Weapons:
- Loch Rain, a .60 cal heavy shotgun that fires conventional shells and can become an semi-automatic shotgun
- Ivar, a beam bow that fires beam bolts but can also fire conventional arrows
- Trident, short-ranged missiles stored in the top of the thrusters. There are a total of 20 missiles in the two pods
- Melee Weapons:
- Energy Shield, shield that protect Mairead and all IS' and drained the power supply of the IS
- The character's name is Scottish and pronounced “mawr + aid”, “mur + aid”, or "my + read"
- Mairead, Máiréad or Mairéad, is a feminine name and the Irish variation of the given name Margaret, which is believed to mean "pearl". Another spelling variation is Maighread, which is the dominant Scottish Gaelic spelling of the name; the fictional name Merida is derived from Maighread.
- Spero Meliora is Clan Sandilands motto and means I Hope for Better Things.
- Mairead's is from the village of Torphichen (tor-FIKH-ən), West Lothian, Scotland. Torphichen is pronounced "Tor-fikken"