|John Rizzo (Scenesys ID: 1011)|
|"I'm the Shamus keeping you from a wooden kimono, buster."|
|Full Name:||John Rizzo|
|Theme:||(OC) World of Darkness-1|
|Physical Age:||Mid-Forties||Actual Age:||98|
|Still Aging?||No||Voice Actor:||Stephen Russell|
|Hair Color:||Red||Eye Color:||Grey|
John Rizzo has led a very difficult life, and much of it is by choice. A vampire with a troubled past trying to do right, he was a cop in life who lost his family and hasn't forgiven himself since. He makes his living as a private detective, and due to an unusual derangement, believes he is a fictional character in a detective novel. He has few friends, the burden of his curse, and a darker nature to keep him company, but he also has a profound and sincere faith which empowers him beyond even his curse. A dark protector of humanity, Rizzo uses his unlife to try and redeem himself, hopefully earning salvation for his soul and rescue from his wrongly-perceived status as a fictional character.
- Mind Manipulation: Rizzo can forcibly create or modify emotions in others.
- Hint: Rizzo can gain insight through bizarre leaps of logic ascribed to seemingly meaningless patterns (like swirling coffee). While he can find patterns in virtually anything, the answers are rarely straightforward and the process may take hours of intense study.
An exceedingly rare ability to use the certainty of one's religious beliefs to channel supernatural powers.
- Bane - Modern Mythos Supernaturals: Rizzo can repel supernatural creatures such as werewolves, vampires, and the undead. His melee attacks against these creatures burn as if imbued with fire.
- Resistance - Magic: His faith can also be used to form a personal shield to resist magical attacks. It doesn't keep out physical matter, which includes objects thrown by magic.
- Cure: Lastly, Rizzo can aid others (but not himself) by dispelling debilitating effects applied by hostile magic.
Auspex is a vampiric power that functions as a sort of sixth sense.
- Analysis: Rizzo can see if someone is mortal, or what sort of supernatural being they are. By touching an object, Rizzo learns who handled it last, what was done with it, and how long ago it was handled.
- Mind Reading: Rizzo can read minds and perceive emotions. Deep secrets are difficult to obtain, requiring extra time and concentration. The minds of supernatural creatures are harder to read, and entirely artificial minds are impossible.
- Proxies: Rizzo's soul can leave his body to view locations he's never visited, even if he can't see them. His body is defenseless, and his soul can't physically interact with the world, but he may still use his mental abilities.
- Superhumanity: Rizzo can use stored blood to make himself stronger, faster, or tougher.
- Healing - Self: His blood is a potent regenerative agent, and can be used to heal his wounds.
- Damage Resistance: Though weak to fire and holy attacks, Rizzo is otherwise supernaturally durable.
- Invisibility: Rizzo can blend into the background, not truly invisible but unnoticed. Bumping into someone or knocking something over, scuffing his shoe too loudly or other obvious behavior breaks the illusion.
Though it was decades ago, Rizzo still makes use of his police training.
- Weapon Mastery - Pistols: A trained marksman, he is highly accurate with pistols in particular, able to make precise shots even while driving at high speeds.
- Vehicle Mastery - Multi-Wheeled: His training also included courses to hone his driving skills, allowing him to make (and defend against) high speed pursuits in modern, civilian four-wheeled automobiles.
MIDNIGHT OIL DETECTIVE AGENCY:
A private detective agency started by Rizzo and staffed solely by himself and Marcus Borden.
- NPCs: Marcus Borden is Rizzo's business partner. Like Rizzo, he's a private investigator, though he's wholly human.
- Stealth: He is experienced in moving stealthily through urban environments in particular.
- Oration: Rizzo is an expert at hiding his motives, his nature, and sometimes even at hiding the fact that he's hiding them. He also knows the do's and don'ts of urban etiquette
- Conveniences: Rizzo can telepathically send messages to others. Recipients always know the messages are not their own thoughts.
UNLIFE: There are a number of benefits to Rizzo's curse.
- Agelessness: Rizzo no longer physically ages and cannot die from old age.
- Resistance - Pathogens: He cannot be harmed by nonmagical poisons or diseases, though his bite can spread communicable diseases of any sort.
- Low Intake: Rizzo has no biological need to breathe, eat, or drink, save for blood.
PEACEFUL CRUSADE (Trouble): Rizzo believes his duty to God is to destroy evil, but his preferred method of doing so is nurturing good. As such, he refuses to kill, tries to abstain from violence, and tries to get his allies to do the same, even when faced with foes most would consider irredeemably evil. Instead, he prefers to give others a chance to redeem themselves, which often results in those he seeks to redeem taking advantage of his kindness. Even when this happens, he is forgiving, again and again, no matter how often he's burned, no matter the admonitions from his allies. He will help anyone who says they want to redeem themselves, no matter how many times they say it, even if he's the only one who believes in them.
GUILT (Significant) : Rizzo believes his condition is not only unnatural and sinful, but deserved. His life is fraught with perceived transgressions and marked by a constant desire to repent. For example, losing control and entering frenzy results in days of fasting, self-flagellation, and prayer. Even fighting in self-defense or feeding for survival are seen as sins. Rizzo might attempt to protect an injured, convalescent enemy from overzealous allies, only for that same enemy to injure a friend and send him right back into that spiral of self-defeating, relentless guilt. The longer Rizzo goes without making right these transgressions, the more they gnaw at him, and crafty enemies could easily use his guilt to leverage him into action.
MALKAVIAN MADNESS (Significant): All members of the Malkavian vampire lineage are incurably insane in some way or another. Rizzo holds an entirely sincere, but secret belief that he is a fictional protagonist in a bizarre detective story, and that all of existence, save for a rare few things, is part of that fiction. He feels compelled to act according to the trope of the noir detective, for fear that acting too 'out of character' will cause the end of the world. For example, Rizzo uses outdated slang and may deliberately miss a foe to create the opportunity for a 'chase scene.' Though he takes great pains to hide these deceptions and make them appear genuine, he rarely takes into account his capacity for real, true mistakes, which can make him seem incompetent at best and disloyal at worst.
THE BEAST (Significant): When hungry, feeding, frightened, or angered, Rizzo's dark, subconscious urges (the Beast) may try to overcome his conscious mind and body, taking the simplest, most animal solution to the problem with no regard for his friends or loved ones. When in such a state, Rizzo has no choice but to be a passenger in his own body as the Beast kills, maims, or feeds. Rizzo is especially unlucky, as the phases of the moon make these hysterics progressively harder to resist, with a full moon providing significant difficulty to resist the Beast.
VAMPIRIC WEAKNESSES (Significant): Fire and sunlight sear Rizzo deeply, inflicting slow-to-heal wounds. A stake through the heart forces him into a death-like hibernation called torpor until it's removed. Though normally unaffected by the faith of others, rare individuals whose belief is absolute and unshakable are dangerous, regardless of what religion or ideology they follow. Even someone with absolute faith in traditionally secular concepts like love, peace, or money, could repel him, if their faith in that concept is utterly and wholly unshakable. For this rare few, symbols of belief used as weapons sear like fire, and simple willpower alone can stop Rizzo in his tracks, or even cause him to retreat. Naturally, attacks imbued with holy power from any deity with an enmity towards undead will have the same effect. He must have blood to live, to heal, and to use his powers, necessitating daily feeding. As a dark creature, an undead aberration, any ward created to keep out malevolent supernatural beings, be they vampire, ghost, zombie, or otherwise, will affect him--he is susceptible to spiritual wards of all types.
|Three Hots and a Cot||April 26th, 2018||Pending|
|TGSBP: Absolution||January 20th, 2018||The final confrontation with the Avenger in Hvergel comes to a head. Finale of The Guilty Shall Be Punished mini-plot.|
|TGSBP: Dancing with Devils||January 13th, 2018||The Avenger finally reveals himself, and the Hvergel royal wedding goes up in smoke. Part of The Guilty Shall Be Punished mini-plot.|
|TGSBP - Interrogation||December 24th, 2017||The motive of the Hvergel killer becomes clear, as does the time he'll strike. Part of the The Guilty Shall Be Punished mini-plot.|
|TGSBP: Breaking News||November 21st, 2017||A killer has a conversation with a detective pursuing him. Part of the The Guilty Shall Be Punished mini-plot.|
|Soliloquy of Reproach: Release, Part II||November 10th, 2017||The two groups met up again in the throne room of the castle, to face Magnus for the first (and last) time. Attempting to masquerade as Alucard, who he had previously kidnapped, proved fruitless for the incubus, as the Elites saw through his scheme this time. A battle commenced, and through the efforts of the Elites, Magnus was sent back to Hell, and both Erina and Alucard were rescued safely. All's well that ends well, at the final "Roundabout"!|
|Soliloquy of Reproach: Release, Part I||October 27th, 2017||The group gathers to rescue Erina Pendleton from Magnus, and to end the incubus's danger. The group splits up -- some of them making a ruckus at the front, while others take a back route. The team at the front tangles with a dangerous Weapon Master, toughest of the Giant Brothers. The team sneaking in the back way confronts Magnus... and his treachery! Disguising himself as Erina, Magnus attempts to rend Jonathan Joestar's soul. He is stopped by Alucard... who takes the attack in Jonathan's place. Now Magnus has Erina AND Alucard, and he invites the group to try to stop him now that all the pieces of his plan are in place.|
|Soliloquy of Reproach: Beset||October 20th, 2017||A group of people go to Alucard's tomb to confront him for his role in the attacks at Windknight's Lot. A fight ensues and Alucard summons several beautiful thralls to battle the group. However, "Alucard" is revealed to be someone else -- a vampire named Lyudmil, a servant of Alucard's from long ago, mind-controlled by an incubus named Magnus. While the group is in Wallachia, Erina Pendleton is kidnapped by Magnus. He demands that Alucard raise Castlevania... or he will kill Erina.|
|Soliloquy of Reproach: Forewarning||October 13th, 2017||Maria Renard draws together the Elite defenders Windknight's Lot and gives them the information about Alucard she has. She points the group to Alucard's resting place, and begs them to end his reign of terror. Not all of the gathered Elites are convinced that killing him is the best idea, but all seem to agree that to get to the bottom of this, Alucard must be confronted.|
|TGSBP: The Fires of Justice||October 7th, 2017||The Elites investigating the Hvergel murders go to the local police to look at the evidence on Frederik Sturluson's death. Part of The Guilty Shall Be Punished mini-plot.|
|Soliloquy of Reproach: Prologue||September 29th, 2017||Three pretty blonde girls of marrying age have been attacked for their blood in Windknight's Lot. Drained near to the point of death, they've only survived but for their speedy discovery. Jonathan Joestar asks for assistance in investigating the matter, and a team of Elites come to gather clues.|
|TGSBP: The Guilty Shall Be Punished||September 15th, 2017||Elites investigate a strange murder in a foreign world, and discover that it won't be easy to solve. Part of The Guilty Shall Be Punished mini-plot.|
|Into the Wilds||August 9th, 2016||Sir Bedivere offers John Rizzo instruction in the bow, and a short history of Dun Realtai.|
|The Glory of Rome||August 1st, 2016||Nero visits Sir Bedivere at his behest, along with a few other recurring friends and residents.|
|Into the Breach||July 24th, 2016||A recently-unified world lets slip some attempts at communication, involving trouble with something called a 'Breach' that the army is having difficulty handling. It seems some troop reinforcements were delayed, leaving the troops engaged in a bit of a lurch.|
|Burning the Midnight Oil||July 8th, 2016||Ferham seeks the help of John Rizzo, private detective to get to the bottom of a missing relic.|
|No logs submitted yet.|